Wednesday 27 June 2012

"I'm not the crazy one" He Said!

Thursday's are usually my intern day, at the hospital, but now they've offered me two or three day's a week as a paid intern, as I'm starting my PHD in September. Yes I will be a doctor of psychology - One day. God knows when, but I will be a Doctor!


So today I was called in. I got the phone call yesterday asking if I could come in. I jumped at the idea. Then thought, shit, that's it, I'm getting fired. I've made a patient kill themselves or something!
It was one of them moments when wrack your brain for anything you've ever done wrong. 
So after I managed to get no sleep. I showed up about half an hour early and sat nervously in my best work outfit. At least he could keep me on if he thought I looked good!
I got called in Matthew's office (He's the doctor I shadow) I sat there and we literally sat for about 10 minutes in awkward silence. I just sat and stared at him. I looked like I belonged in a group session as a patient!
When he spoke he said this:


"Well Isabelle, you've worker here for a while. You've been outstanding and I see you'll be starting your phd in the autumn." I agreed and kind of relaxed then he then said "Well we were wondering if you'd like to be a member of our team more than just one day a week?"

I was bloody shocked! I mean I new I'd get somewhere but this place is a private expensive hospital and I have a place there more permanently and better paid. Even more so when I get my PHD. 
So today has officially been amazing. But I haven't told you how I answered yet:

I said: "What are you crazy? I mean yeah, yes thank you!" Yes I called my boss crazy, the man who decides my future here crazy. To which he responded, "I'm not the crazy one, with the way you were staring at me earlier!" Oh god yes, he saw! I thought he was reading the papers about me, but he saw. At least he's proven he can crack a joke - hopefully!

Well I can't wait to no longer be Miss. Isabelle Williams but I'm going to be Dr.Isabelle Williams! WoopWoop! Then I will be able to say my favorite line ever "Trust me I'm a doctor!"
So tonight I'm partying with my ladies and get right royally drunk... Rock on Doctors!

No comments:

Post a Comment