Thursday 21 June 2012

Birthday 'Bash' Needed!

I am officially not a fan of people!
Especially ones that eat in the restaurant in which I work.


Tonight, it was a birthday party for a girl turning 16. I had originally thought, wow, how mature - when I was 16 all I wanted to do was get wrecked.
But apparently so did they!


It started out OK, until they needed help taking orders, as they hadn't pre-ordered annoyingly. So I had to take all 23 of their orders. So I got round to the 'birthday girl' and she rhymed off her order of some fancy duck dish, then said, and "Could you bring me a bottle of the house red please". Well I'm sure I got a degree, but she obviously didn't know that and obviously thought I was stupider than I look.


She was sat there with a stupid sparkly 'I'm 16 today!' badge on. Now again.I MUST HAVE looked like an idiot! So as I thought she wasn't going to give in I said the typical "Have you got any ID?" to this she responded, "Well not on me, but it'll be fine"


Ok yes, I got annoyed as I was clearly being treat like and idiot and I responded as calmly as I could. "Listen, you were booked under as the part for a sixteen year old, you're wearing a sixteen year old's badge and I'm not serving you!" 


To this she threw her glass of water down me and demanded to speak to the manager for my 'unspeakable behavior towards her' - Unspeakable behavior? What? I was doing my bloody job! Plus I was not being treat like an idiot by a child!


Well after she basically whined to my boss, who was clearly trying to hide his laughter from the delusional girl and offered them a free bottle of un-alcoholic wine and said they'd serve it not say the difference to her friends. To be honest, I think all she deserved in this place, was a slap in the face, but to avoid losing this job, I didn't deliver the birthday present she oh so needed.


Anyhow, now that I am finally home after they all stumbled out of the restaurant thinking they were drunk. Hummm, placebo's do work it seems. What a case study the night has been for this psychologist!


Well again note to self, either don't have kids or make sure they're born like friggen old fashioned royals crossed between Einstein, smart and well behaved!


Time to die before I start again tomorrow with a party of oldies, and I speak from experience they're worse than blooming teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment