Sunday 30 September 2012

New Green Shoes?

Well I've got an update on my left-in-car shoes situation.

Well, you all may remember in my last post I thoroughly humiliated myself, projectile vomited in a club, stayed in a strangers flat, kissed him, and have now debated for days whether or not to get my shoes back. I did actually contemplate getting new ones - ergo the title, and I actually went to the shop I got them from, but they don't sell them anymore. So I decided to bite the bullet and face the embarrassing truth I simply had to face this guy again.

So, I remembered I didn't have his number, but he added me on Facebook - so I sought him out!

His name is Callum. Once I found him I contemplated leaving a message on his wall - then decided against further embarrassment and sent him a message - well after I had a glass of wine to give some courage in which to do this  at five in the afternoon!

I sent him a short message saying:
"Hi, I'm Isabelle, from the other night. Yeah, I think I left my shoes in your car. Is it possible I could get them back at some point?"
He replied saying:
"Yea, no probs. I'm home now if you want them today? I could drop them off?"

I decided against this as by this point I hadn't worked myself up to telling Ash yet and I didn't want the 20 question that she would surely give me over this. So I said we could meet at the pub literally 2 minutes from mine - this is so I could make an easy escape if need be. He agreed and we decided on 7pm.
So, I'll be honest I wanted to look 10 times better than I did the morning I left - as when I got home looking in the mirror I was horrified someone had even seen me that way - I wore my sexy black skinnies and a rather posh and pretty blouse to go along with a pair of wedges. In case he was shorter than I remember and I could have the upper hand being taller than him (Pardoning the pun!)

When I was walking to the pub I seriously felt like I was going to vomit - the humiliation I felt started filling my head again. But I sucked it up, grew some lady balls and walked straight on in.

Callum was sat there - in basically a suit! I didn't have a clue why and I walked up to him. He stood as I came near and I was wrong - not too short, in fact an inch on three bigger than me in wedges! I lost a bit of confidence but managed out a hi.
We had a small chat and he's brought my shoes - in tact - in a Burton bag.
Then my nervous side came out. I asked why he was wearing a suit. He explained he's been to his sisters baby's christening in the day and got home when I messaged, so didn't change. He was much calmer than I was. I thought he'd possibly forgotten the kiss - well until he decided to bring it up.
He said:
"You look a bit nervous. Is it because you tried to kiss me?" I was surely bright red at this point but I replied as grown up as I could. "Yeah, god that was a bad night and I was clearly no better in the morning. Thanks for the help though," I must've covered it because he moved on.

We ended up sitting there for three hours and I did loosen up after a little while and three glasses of wine.

He was truly a gentleman, but did make a little joke every now and then about my behavior on the night out. But won me over straight away with a compliment or joke.

By time we had to be heading off we came up to the awkward good-bye and the question, do we see each other again?

Well, he asked if I fancied dinner as he thought a night out was not on the books for me - yet - and under the thought of 'a girls got to eat' I said yes and we agreed for this coming Friday. But, I had to eventually tell him about James, as a relationship is NOT on the cards for me. So I told Callum that we should just be friends and such and he, thankfully, agreed!

What have I learnt from all this?
                - Again  some guys can be genuinely nice.
                - Always remember your shoes when dashing out of a car.
                - Alcohol should not be an outlet for helping me find confidence - I need to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment