Tuesday 7 August 2012

SU Disaster!

It's crazy August has already started!
I'm all better by the way and my mother left eventually - but not without insulting me at least 100 times before she left!

Last night however I was not insulted I was rather flattered.

Last night I went out with Ashley. We decided with us both having a day of today we'd go have some 'We hate Monday's' Cocktails.
We got all dolled up and I put on my new dress, I bought when I was feeling sorry for myself about my black eyes and ankle, and Ashley had on the skimpiest dress we'd ever seen - but of course she could suit it.
Well we went out and Ashley had been giving me the updates on her Mr.Perfect (She'd just spent the weekend with him) she was filling me in when he'd be moving to the city - and basically when I'd NEVER see her again - no I'm joking but she is rather smitten with him, well smitten is an understatement, but I'm happy for her.

I informed her of my worries about my PHD - ugh that doesn't make me feel old! Well I was worried about basically not being smart enough ect ha ha, but of course Ash always has the best cures for worries - We drink!
Well our couple of cocktails turned into ten and we ended up having a Monday night party.
We went to a few clubs but being a Monday they all decided to be closed early - except the local SU - sigh yes, we went to the SU night. I was shocked they had them during summer, but what ever they did and yes we went at 22 and not students. Sigh again!
Being the oldest people there I kind of felt like a cougar, and being drunk that led to me and Ash standing growling and looking retarded for what must have been ten minutes.
But, moving from cougar mode we moved ourselves on to the dance floor and started to hot it up - me and Ash can always draw attention to ourselves when we're out together when we're dancing - but looking back that probably never a good thing and last night we got attention we kind of didn't want.
As we were dancing a group of guys had sort of crowded around us and started dancing with us. Now I don't mind a friendly dance but me and Ash decided we'd slip away from the dance floor and get ourselves a drink - this is when we felt old!

As we were at the bar two of the blokes from the dance floor had left just behind us. As we were getting our drinks they appeared beside us, the chatted with us and we asked if they were students, the initially said yes, but then the truth came out - they were going to be students in September. So yes, at this point me and Ash were getting chatted up by two A-Level students. At this point we saw the error of our ways, decided we'd made a mistake coming to the SU and decided to pack up and get the hell out of there.

Now today, I'll be honest I'm nursing a mother of a hangover and still reeling in my mind that there was school kids trying to chat me up. Sometimes looking young-ish is NOT on my side.
I've learnt a genuine life lesson from this:
- Unless you're a student , don't got to a student night, even at Master's level it just becomes sad. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment